Friday, June 02, 2006

Maybe the "K" Should Stand for "Konstantly Behind Schedule"

The Legion of Wordy Bastages have been busy combatting the forces of evil recently*, which is why we have been lax in our posting of anything outside of wish lists this week. I can't speak for Tate, but I know that my situation is calming down, so I hope to finally get around to reviewing X-Men: Last Stand before it hits DVD, and maybe a few comics here and there as well.

But the real reason I'm posting is to comment on two pieces of news that caught my attention this evening.

The first one, which I'm sure will get tons of comic blogosphere attention, is the news that Manhunter has been given an additional 5 issue commitment: there was much rejoicing in Cap'n Neurotic's new household at that news. Who knows, maybe the Cameron Chase curse is, if not broken, at least weakening.

The other bit of news that got me excited was that the upcoming Starlin-penned mini Mystery in Space will feature not only former L.E.G.I.O.N. member Captain Comet, but also one of my favorite Starlin creations . . .



Yes, that's right, it's the return of The Weird!



Who the heck is The Weird, you're probably asking? That's a very good question, and one which I plan to explore more soon, after I dig the issues out of storage and re-read them.


My one question now is exactly how The Weird is still in operation, since, at the end of the mini, I'm pretty sure he exploded.

My guess?

Superboy punched something**.

*I don't care what anyone else says, "having to move" and "dealing with shoddy Internet connections" are too evil!
**So, what's the over/under on when that joke gets stale?

No comments: