Monday, May 22, 2006

Justice League Dream Team #4

Green Lantern (Kyle Raynor)

HEAT nerds…BACK OFF!! Kyle is the Lantern I want on the case. Hal may be fearless and John may be a good soldier and Guy may be…Guy, but Well Rounded, your name is Kyle. As an artist, Kyle is most creative ringslinger that Earth has ever produced. He’s got raw willpower in spades and has proved himself in battle time and again. He’s wielded immense power as Ion and managed to not go insane. He won Batman’s trust even after Hal went nuts and Batman had to deal with Guy. He’s the go-to-guy for the Guardians since he resurrected them AND Dream of the Endless said he would be the greatest Green Lantern. Not bad for a kid that borderline won his ring in a Crackerjack box.

Hey, what do you know, Tate and I agree on one!

Which is nice, I suppose, although it does sort of make for a boring post.

Hmmm . . .

I'm sure there's something worthwhile I can add.

Ummm . . .

Oh, I know, how about this: Kyle's kind of the underdog GL. He's got all this stuff going against him: he's young, he's foolhardy, his relationships always seem to lead to death and destruction . . . still, he's got youth and enthusiasm out the wazoo, not to metion the artistic mindset that makes his ring slinging a bit more entertaining to watch. I have nothing against Hal, or John, or Guy, but when it comes to which JLA GL I want to read about, my money's always going to be on Kyle.

But Guy's a close second.

Chock up two in the "agree" column because Guy is also my very close second. It makes for a short post but I just can't even pretend there's controversy here.

1 comment:

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Why, yes, you're right, a handful of passing references to the X-Men in the context of "yeah, don't really read them anymore" DOES equal a passion; good show!